Chocolate Chia Pudding with Passion Fruit is a simple and sweet No Cook dessert for two. An easy, healthy, No bake dessert recipe that can be made ahead and served.
If you are looking to satisfy those sweet cravings post meal or craving for chocolate desserts – This chocolate chia pudding is just for you!
This make-ahead chocolate dessert is made without refined sugar and contains fresh passion fruit.
It took me quite some time to get my husband used to eating chia pudding. Honestly, he is not fond of the sticky gel like seeds but over the years he has realized how full the pudding keeps him and satisfies those dessert cravings instantly.
Usually berries make the best toppings to chocolate puddings but I thought of adding the freshly sourced organic passion fruit instead. I absolutely love the slightly tart, sweet and aromatic passion fruit.
This dessert requires minimum effort in the kitchen. Best part is you can load it up and make it super filling.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE CHIA PUDDING
- Chia Seeds – The Chia seeds were soaked in milk and then I diluted them further by adding more milk. We prefer the consistency that slightly resembles the texture of kheer or Indian Milk pudding.
- Milk – We have used Organic Cow Milk for this recipe. For a vegan version, please use coconut milk (tried and tested), almond milk or oat milk.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – Since its chocolate based recipe, using a good quality cocoa is a must!
- Honey – To sweeten the dessert. It can be replaced with maple syrup, brown sugar or agave. The quantity of honey will depend on how sweet the fruits are.
- Passion Fruit – The combination of chocolate and passion fruit is very similar to chocolate and oranges.. I love how the citrusy flavors cuts the sweet cocoa. This can be easily replaced with strawberries or berries of all kinds. Use seasonal and local ingredients available.
- I have topped the pudding with Goji Berries as they were available at home. You can replace them with raisins, black currants, dried cranberries or fresh berries if they are in season.
Chia seeds are regularly used in our smoothies and milkshakes. I recently shared a post of Strawberry Banana Milkshake with Chia seeds that is an excellent breakfast recipe.
Everyone loves dessert. It is hard to resist something sweet. Best part about this pudding is that you can make it in small quantities and then just enjoy them when the craving hits.
My husband is a huge chocolate fan and absolutely loved this dessert and the fact that it could satisfy those instant cravings without the excess calories.
The fibre content from Chia Seeds naturally fills you up making it a great breakfast, mid-meal snack or a 4 pm snack too instead of reaching out for caffeine.
These are great as meal prep and makes an excellent make-ahead breakfast of sorts with very little planning involved. Like I mentioned earlier, if you are serving this for breakfast, use whatever seasonal fruits that are available at home to load up the pudding.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Use Coconut Milk instead of organic cow milk. Coconut Mik and Chocolate make an excellent combination. Almond or Soy milk can also be used for a vegan, non dairy, plant based milk source.
If serving for breakfast, prep and store the pudding in individual cups in your refrigerator. All you have to do the next morning is to open the fridge, add fruits and nuts of your choice and dig in.
I have used fresh passion fruit and a few goji berries. You can add mixed berries, sliced banana, chocolate chips, sliced or slivered almonds, home made granola or assorted nuts (unsalted) of your choice.
You can add maple syrup, powdered jaggery, dates syrup
Some Chocolate Based Recipes on the blog you would love to try
Tried this recipe? Share it with us! Take a picture and share it via email on [email protected] or you could TAG US on any of our social media handles – INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK PAGE AND PINTEREST.
If you are satisfied with the recipe, please take a moment to LEAVE A COMMENT and a STAR rating on the blog. It would encourage others to try the recipe.
Chocolate Chia Pudding with Passion Fruit
1 cup is 250 ml, 1 tablespoon is 15 ml and 1 tsp is 5 ml
- 1 ½ cup Chilled Milk
- 1 ½ tbsp Chia Seeds
- 2 nos Passion Fruit
- 1 ¼ tsp Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Essence
- Few Goji Berries for Garnish as required
- In a bowl, add 1/2 cup of Milk and chia seeds. The seeds will absorb all the moisture within some time.
- Once the chia seeds have swelled up, add 1 cup of milk, unsweetened cocoa powder, honey, vanilla essence and mix well. Chill in the refrigerator for sometime.
- Divide into two portions and add it to individual serving glasses.
- Scoop out the passion fruit flesh and top the pudding. Add goji berries and serve immediately.
- For a Vegan Recipe, use coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk or soy milk.
- Add any sweetner of your choice. Adjust the quantity as per your preference. Since the passion fruit is slightly tart, I have used 3 tsp of honey.
- You can use sweetened cocoa powder too, reduce the quantity of honey used in the recipe.
- Vanilla essence can be replaced with almond essence, in case you are using almond milk.
- Nuts and berries of all kinds can be used as topping instead of passion fruit.
Please subscribe to our website to receive all the delicious recipes in your mail box.
We will be back again with yet another exciting recipe .. Until then, stay healthy and happy!