If you are planning to end the year with a bang and are hosting a small party at home with a bunch of friends or family, then this particular recipe is a sheer treat. The Air Fryer Za’atar Roasted Potatoes would be your simple yet delicious solution to feed a large crowd or a simple gathering of friends.
The Za’atar Roasted Potatoes is a perfect party starter, appetizer or can be paired with bread as part of main course too with a protein on side like paneer, chicken etc. The Za’atar Roasted Potatoes would be loved by all age groups, be it adults or kids. Easy to make in an Air Fryer, Low Oil and great on taste.
If you are looking for few more low oil starter recipes, snack or appetizer options, you can check out the Broccoli corn balls which are made in a paniyaram pan and uses less oil. They are kid friendly too.
Also, the Air Fryer Masala Cashews would go very well with cocktails served at the party.
What is Za’atar?
Za’atar is a spice blend, condiment made with dried thyme, oregano, marjoram, toasted sesame seeds, sumac and salt. Very popular in the Middle Eastern Countries and used extensively in their dishes.
How can Za’atar be used?
Salads, Pita Bread, Hummus, Flatbreads, Grilled or Roasted Vegetables etc. It is also sprinkled on Labneh which is hung curd or yogurt dip that is usually served as an accompaniment with pita bread.
The Za’atar spice is easily available in all supermarkets and can be stored at either room temperature or in a refrigerator in a glass jar with tight lid for couple of months.
Let us now check out the easy recipe of the Air Fryer Za’atar Roasted Potatoes.
Recipe for Air Fryer Za’atar Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time – 30 mins
Cook Time – 20 mins
Serves 2 to 3 nos.
- 250 gms of Baby Potatoes or Small Potatoes
- 2 tblsp of Za’atar Spice Mix
- Himalayan Pink Salt as per taste (Read recipe notes below)
- 2 tsps of oil
- Few mint leaves for garnish
- Wash the baby potatoes under running water, drain excess water and pressure cook them until they are half done (with skin) with some salt.
- In a bowl, add the cooked baby potatoes, 2 tsps of oil, Za’atar spice and toss everything with a spoon.
- Za’atar contains salt, hence check for salt levels before adding extra.
- Preheat your Air fryer for 5 mins at 180 degrees.
- Now place the potatoes in the Air Fryer basket and bake them for 20 mins or until they are nicely roasted.
- Serve piping hot with garnish of mint leaves.
- You can add more or less quantity of Za’atar Spice as per your taste and preferences.
- I have used sesame oil for roasting as I love the flavour and since Za’atar also contains sesame seeds, the flavour really stands out. You can opt for olive oil or butter – both excellent choices! If you add butter, please use salt appropriately.
- Pressure cooking the potatoes reduces the baking / roasting process in air fryer and ensures even cooking too. If you doubt pressure cooking would lead to mushy potatoes, you can boil them in a vessel (salted water), drain the water and follow the remaining steps.
- Cooking time for different varieties of potatoes varies. This particular batch of potatoes are called ‘new potatoes’ they have very thin skin and I had to pressure cook it for just 2 whistles and they were partly cooked.
- For cooking potatoes in a pressure cooker – I add washed potatoes in a cooker vessel, add salt, cover with a lid and place it inside the cooker and cook.
If you try this at home, please give me a shout out / Tag Me on any of my social media handles.
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/masalachilli
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/MasalachillibyVidyaNarayan/
- Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/masalachilli
- Instagram https://www.instagram.com/masalachilli_vidyanarayan/