Beginning the week with a light and refreshing salad recipe. Presenting Corn Salad Recipe that is a colorful, loaded with vegetables and a delicious salad for the entire family.
Frankly, all it takes is 15 mins of chopping the ingredients or prep time. Some freshly chopped herbs, lemon, Za’atar Spice, Pink Salt and Smoked Paprika for the heat, make this salad bowl irresistible.
Oh before I forget, let me share one important information – This Corn Salad Recipe Contains Zero Oil, No Mayo, No Heavy Salad Dressings etc. It is light, quick, refreshing to your palate and can be made instantly with ingredients easily available in your refrigerator and/or pantry.
Most of us feel hungry during the evenings, say between 4 pm to 5 pm, myself included! The Corn Salad is your ultimate snack goal. Serve them with couple of Methi Khakras and you have your filling evening snack. Frankly, I tend to skip dinner after this filling snack.
Since I usually steam a batch of corn kernels and refrigerate during monsoons, I end up using them in variety of recipes. You may want to check out Bhutte aur Palak Ki Sabzi (Corn Spinach Veg) and Sweet Corn Capsicum Paneer Masala Rice which is a great lunch box recipe as well.
As mentioned above, this is an oil free recipe but feel free to add some extra virgin olive oil or good quality avocado oil. Frankly, it does not need the oil and once you taste it, you would agree!
Ingredients for Corn Salad
Variations for Making Corn Salad
You can make this salad with multiple vegetables or even with 1 or 2 available in your refrigerator.
Options for Vegetables
- Carrots (Grated or finely chopped)
- Yellow and Red Bell Peppers
- Cucumbers (chopped so that it makes the salad less soggy)
- Some leafy greens like lettuce or microgreens of your choice
- A mix of Olive oil + Salt + Pepper and lemon juice – Basic salad Dressing
- Honey Mustard Sauce or Vinaigrette
- Indian Style – Chaat Masala Powder with some roasted jeera powder along with kala namak and red chilli powder.
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernels (Steamed with salt and turmeric) 1 cup is 250 ml measurement
- 3/4 cup Shimla Mirch or Green Bell Pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Finely chopped Onion
- 4-5 nos Olives (sliced) Save few and serve on side or garnish
- 4-5 nos Jalapeno Peppers (sliced)
- 1 tbsp Mint Leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Za'atar Spice Powder heaped tsp
- Juice of one lemon
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
- In a clean dry bowl, add all the chopped vegetables (corn, capsicum, tomatoes, onions)
- Now add the chopped olives, jalapenos along with mint and coriander leaves. Toss lightly.
- Add the za'atar spice along with salt to taste, smoked paprika powder
- Squeeze lemon juice and mix everything well.
- Serve immediately with some Methi Khakras, Tortilla or Nachos or simply enjoy as a light meal.
- If you plan to carry this salad to work, please pack 2 separate boxes – One with the vegetables and other with the spice powders + Salt and carry the lemon wedges separately. Squeeze the lime, mix the spices and toss – Eat!
Loving the Recipes shared by us? Planning to try this at home? Do give us a shout out or tag us when you post a recipe on any of our social media handles – INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK PAGE AND PINTEREST.
You can also subscribe to our website to receive all the delicious recipes in your mail box.
Would be really happy to receive your feedback.
Thank you for visiting