My Special Coriander Chutney (Green Chutney)
Perfect for Parties as an accompaniment to Appetizers / Main Course
I hereby declare that I make excellent chutneys. Am I sounding pompous to you? Well, please don’t judge me … this is one of the things I cook / make really well. So I guess, I can make that self-declaration right? Haha…
My chutneys, be it the South Indian coconut chutney or the coriander chutney has a huge fan following amongst friends & family. There is always a small box filled with chutney lying in the fridge at any given point in time. This chutney is a perfect dip for your starters or to be had along with your main course with a salad on the side. It is spicy (well, I love green chilies so I go overboard) & is so good that you won’t miss the creamy saucy spreads that markets sell these days. No added preservatives or any vinegar … this is just a pure blend of fresh ingredients.
This recipe is for keeps & next time you plan a party, please ensure you include this in big quantities. You will earn accolades, I guarantee. Check out the detailed recipe below.
PS – Did I tell you that the chilies used in the chutney are home grown!! Now that’s such a great feeling I tell u!!
Prep Time – 10 mins
- Coriander Leaves – 1.5 cups roughly chopped (Should include leaves & stems both)
- 1 small onion roughly chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 6-7 green chillies roughly chopped
- 1 – 2 inch piece of ginger roughly chopped
- Water to grind the chutney as required.
- Salt as per taste (Not to be added while grinding)
- In a mixer jar, add the roughly chopped coriander leaves along with the stems.
- Add the onion, garlic, chillies & ginger.
- Splash some water & grind it well.
- Don’t add too much water as we have added onions in the chutney mixture that does provide some moisture & thickness to the chutney.
- Once the chutney has ground well, transfer the same into a container (preferably glass or steel), add salt, mix it well & store it in the refrigerator.
- Stays good for almost a week.
- In case you wish to reduce the chillies, you may do so, it doesn’t really hamper the taste.
- Perfect to slather on a piece of bread & load it with veggies, grill it & make a perfect sandwich.
- Goes well with all Indian starters & main course options.
If you like my work, please show me some love by following me on:-
Twitter – https://twitter.com/masalachilli
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/MasalachillibyVidyaNarayan/
Pinterest – https://in.pinterest.com/masalachilli