One of the most tastiest cookie recipe I have tried from Sharmis Passion Blog. Very few ingredients, less time consuming but results in amazing flavourful & crunchy cookies. I have made them umpteen times & each time I serve them for guests or bake them for friends, always have received great compliments.
Me & Narayan are complete sweet tooths so u can imagine what these cookies mean to us! But, what I absolutely love about the recipe is the inclusion of oats which make it guilt free for adults to an extent.
When I first made these cookies, I found them overtly sweet for our palate so I reduced the sugar in the further attempts. Trust me when I sent this for our friend’s 3 year old son, he also happily ate it as he found his favourite choco chips in it (completely ignoring the oats).
One batch of this provides medium sized 7 cookies but I often double the recipe & make extras for the 4pm coffee / tea break. Do try this & you won’t be disappointed.
EGGLESS OATS & WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR CHOCO CHIP COOKIES
Recipe Courtesy & Photography Inspiration – Sharmi’s Passion Blog.
Check the link here https://www.sharmispassions.com/oats-choco-chip-cookies-recipe/
(Makes 7 medium size cookies)
1. Oats – ¾ cup
2. Wheat Flour – ¼ cup
3. Choco chips – ¼ cup
4. Brown Sugar or Castor Sugar – 1/3 cup
5. Clarified Butter / Ghee – 3 tblsp
6. Milk – 2 tblsp
7. Baking soda – 1/8 tsp
8. Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
9. Salt – ¼ tsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 Degree Celsius for 10 mins.
2. Grease a baking tray or line with parchment paper.
3. Melt the ghee / clarified butter, measure & keep aside.
4. Sieve the whole wheat flour & keep aside.
5. In a bowl, Mix oats (I have used Quaker oats) & wheat flour, add baking soda, salt & choco chips.
6. In another bowl, add the melted ghee / clarified butter, milk, sugar, vanilla essence & mix well until sugar dissolves completely.
7. Now pour this wet mixture into the dry mixture & mix well.
8. It won’t be a smooth dough like normal cookie dough, don’t knead, just bring everything together with your hand lightly.
9. Grease your hands with some clarified butter / ghee & make small round balls, flatten it slightly until a cookie shape forms & place on the baking tray at a suitable distance.
10. Bake the cookies at 180 degree Celsius for 20 – 25 mins on the middle rack until the edges start browning a bit.
11. Cool the cookies completely & store in an airtight container.
- The recipe stated 1/3 cup of sugar but I found the cookies were very sweet for our taste so I reduced the sugar in the next trial by 1.5 tblsp.
- The recipe stated unsalted butter, I have used cow ghee / clarified butter and the aroma was amazing.
- I have used dark chocolate chips.
- Please note that clarified butter / ghee and Milk should be at room temperature.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container. Stays good for 10 to 15 days.