Cherry Cucumber and Feta Salad
Any Salad Lovers here? Well, I have been consuming salads for one meal atleast 3 times a week since some time now and it has shown a good effect on my skin and weight loss. On the topic of weight, our diet actually went for a toss during and post the shifting process at home. We ate takeouts, ordered food in and what not as we had no other option for a few days until the kitchen was functional enough to cook basic stuff.
Result – My skin gave up in the first 2 days as I have a pretty sensitive skin which gets affected with the slightest change with the weather, my diet or water intake.
Weight – I did not dare to step on the weighing scale and won’t do that for another 15 days or so.
To get back on track and make the most of seasonal produce and include a lot of fruits and veggies in our diet and also show off a bit of that feta cheese that husband got from France during his work trip last month, I had to make this salad.
The quintessential favourite is the watermelon feta salad but I love feta with pears and cherries too. The salty cheese pairs very well with the sweet and slightly tangy fruits.
Since Cherries are in season, I bought a big batch to snack on during the day and I ended up making the salad more than twice the same week as both of us loved it.
Check out the easy salad recipe that hardly takes 10 minutes to put everything together.
Do you want to check out some more salad recipes on the blog – See the links below and feel free to try them.
- Carrot salad
- Steamed Broccoli with honey mustard sauce
- Lettuce and strawberry with honey mustard vinaigrette
Recipe for Cherry Cucumber and Feta Salad
Makes one bowl of Salad ideal for 1 person as dinner or lunch
- 1 no Cucumber peeled and diced into medium sized chunks
- ½ cup of fresh Cherries
- Few mint leaves
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Juice of ¼ of lemon
- 2 tblsp crumbled feta cheese
- Salt as per taste
- In a salad bowl, add the peeled and diced cucumber chunks.
- Add fresh cherries along with salt, lemon juice, mint leaves, black pepper powder.
- Toss everything well and then add 1 tblsp of crumbled feta.
- Toss again and serve in a bowl with another tblsp of crumbled feta on top.
- Preferably serve this salad chilled. Tastes best.
- Be careful while adding salt to the salad as feta is a salty cheese.
- In case you don’t have access to feta cheese, crumble paneer add some salt and toss it in the salad.
- I have not pitted the cherries here and added them whole.