Kolhapur's famous Lavangi Chillies transformed into a lipsmacking pickle.
Do Read the Story behind the making of these fresh green chillies pickle on the Travel Section of the blog.
Recipe for Green Chilli Pickle
- Green Chillies – ½ kg (washed, wiped clean, dried well & chopped)
- Salt – as per taste
- Oil – as required (I have used Sesame Oil)
- Methi seeds – 1 small tsp (dry roasted & ground into a fine powder using mortar pestle)
- Lime juice – 4 nos.
- Yellow Mustard Seeds – 5 big spoons
- Yellow Mustard seeds powder – 2 tsps
- Turmeric powder – 1 big spoon
- Heat the oil until smoking point & keep aside for cooling.
- Take the chopped green chilies in a large bowl. Add the salt, lemon juice, methi seeds powder, yellow mustard seeds, yellow mustard seeds powder, turmeric powder & mix well using a big spoon.
- Now add the oil which should be now completely cool & mix well. Keep some oil aside to pour in the glass jar after the pickle has been filled.
- Once the glass jar is filled, pour the remaining oil upto 2 -3 inches. It will be absorbed by the pickle slowly.
- Store this outside for 2- 3 days & stir it nicely with a dry spoon checking the oil levels.
- Store it in the refrigerator after that & use only after 10 days or so.