Sweet Potato Fries in Air Fryer
Crispy Sweet Potato fries made in a ridiculously less amount of oil in an Air Fryer without sacrificing taste. Ideal for fasting or as a guilt free tea time snack.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 2 people
- 350 gms Sweet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil 1/2 tsp extra for brushing the mesh while preheating the Air Fryer.
- Salt to taste
Lightly brush your Air Fryer mesh with oil.
Preheat for 8 to 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
In the meanwhile, wash, cut or chop the Sweet Potatoes (with skin) lengthwise and pat them dry to remove excess moisture.
In a bowl add some salt to taste and a tbsp of oil.
Mix well and then add the sweet potatoes.
Toss everything well and place them in the preheated Air Fryer.
Air Fry for 10 minutes at 200 degrees. Remove, toss them lightly and then Air Fry at 180 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
Repeat the process for the next batch. Serve them immediately with a cup of tea and/or ketchup.
- I have retained the skin for its rich fibre content. It does taste well too. In case you do not like, peel the skin. Ensure you wash the sweet potato really well to get rid of the mud particles.
- These fries taste best when hot. If they turn cold, toss them lightly with oil and Air Fry at lower temperature for 5 minutes until they crisp up. However, it could lead to burning of the edges due to over cooking.
- You can make ahead, freeze the sweet potato sticks and then Air Fry them as required.
- Ideally for fasting, sendha namak or rock salt is used. You can use regular salt to serve as tea time snack.