A finger licking Sweet Relish made with handpicked organic raw mangoes !!
Do Read the Story behind the making of Sakharamba on the Travel Section of the Blog.
Recipe for Sakharamba (Sweet Raw Mango Relish with a hint of cardamom)
- Raw Mangoes – 3 nos. medium sized (washed, dried, peeled & grated)
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup (it depends on how much sweet you want)
- Take the grated mangoes & add the sugar. Mix well & keep this mixture aside for 15 – 20 mins until the sugar dissolves completely & you see enough liquid in the bowl.
- Now transfer the contents into a heavy kadhai & keep cooking on a very low flame else the sugar may burn.
- Keep cooking until the mixture turns into a jam like consistency & the sugar clings & coats the mangoes.
- At this stage, if you taste & feel that the sugar isn’t enough, switch off the gas, add the sugar & keep it aside until it dissolves & then repeat process of cooking.
- Once done, switch off the gas, add cardamom powder. Cool it completely before you transfer it in an airtight glass jar.
- I have used normal sugar. In case you use castor sugar, then the step 1 process is expedited (5 mins) or so if you mix well.
- Stays good in fridge for over a month or so.
- Enjoy with theplas, parathas, chillas etc.